Empire of Ald
Giant Racial Traits
- Usually lawful
- +12 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +2 Wisdom.
- Large: -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- Giant base land speed is 40 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A giant begins with five levels of humanoid, which provide 5d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +1, and Will +1. (Unlike most humanoids, giants have a good Fort saving throw bonus rather than a good Ref bonus.)
- Racial Skills: A giant’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 8 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, and Spot. Racial Feats: A giant’s humanoid levels give it two feats.
- Low-light vision.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
- Spear Throwing (Ex): Giants are accomplished spear throwers. A giant may apply its Strength modifier rather than its Dexterity modifier to attack rolls and receives a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing spears. The range increment is 60 feet for a giant’s thrown spears.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A giant is automatically proficient with all simple weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Gnome, Kithkin, Sylvan.
- Preferred classes: Cleric, fighter paladin, sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +4.